Sunday, 19 May 2013

Sunday Bake

Here is a breakthrough I would like to share with you. It's quite funny really but over the years I have been quite frustrated that my kids dislike bananas so much. Esther will gag at even the smell of them and Seth simply wont eat them.
Recently a friend of mine baked some banana cookies for her children and they seemed to love them, so,  I asked her for the recipe so I could perhaps give them a go for my kids. They are so easy to make and are really delicious AND oil and dairy free.  Man alive, when i took them out of the oven, the aroma took my breath away and the taste was even better. I offered my children half to see what they thought and seriously they wanted more and more. I was so giddy with excitement that they were eating the miracle fruit which is banana (against their knowledge of course) that I made some more for their lunch boxes. One happy Mother right here!!

so, if you suffer like i have with children who dislike banana, try these and see how you get on. If you just want to try something oil and dairy free thats packed with energy stuff, give them a go.

Oil and Dairy Free, Banana Cookies.
RECIPE:

Oil and Dairy free Banana Cookies
RECIPE:

4 ripe bananas - mashed
1 cup wholemeal flour 
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine well
On greaseproof paper, add tbsp amounts and bake for 20 mins on 160 fan.
Makes approx 20



There appears to be only one left I see...


No comments: