Thursday, 29 November 2012

Lovely finds




I'm finding some lovely things in antique stores and charity shops at the moment. Generally speaking I don't have the time to rummage through second hand shops and the likes but when the opportunity arises I love to. It's fantastic! There's a great sense of achievement for me when I find something I need when rummaging and it's pure pleasure too. I love taking old and making it new for me and my family....a lot of the vintage things I find are great quality and will become heirlooms....indeed, thats what I have in my mind when I'm out and about.

I want to post about the mid-century furniture we've found in a local antique store for our home but for now, It's all about the small treats and trinkets that will come in good use very soon....

*



I'm made up about my porcelain duck I picked up for £1. As soon as I saw it I knew it was mine. So so pleased as it looks wonderful on our bookcase....The yellow doily I also bought for 50p.


Look how pretty she is....



Vintage, hand embroidered napkins...£2.75 for 6. These will be used for our upcoming dinner party. They are just lovely!

*


I love a bit of Christmas in a mug....£1

*


The wreath I got for £5 and added the battery powered led lights for £2.50. I have seen wreaths like this costing up to £40 with a bit of ribbon on so this is a bargain! And it looks so pretty.

*


These beautiful candle stick holders were 50p for the pair...Unbelievable!

No comments: