Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Nutella Cookies

So, I joined Pinterest recently and now I can't stop! I was visiting and staying on it for long periods of time but I have had to ration myself greatly lol. Anyone who loves Pinterest will understand. For those of you who don't know about this madness, it's a virtual pin board that allows you to share and organise the things you see on the web i.e.. beautiful photography, recipes, idea for entertaining kids, fashion, crafts, the outdoors etc. there too many topics and ideas to choose from and for me, it's absolute bliss!
I found a receipt for Nutella cookies on pinterest which I used and tweaked accordingly. Man alive they are so melt in your mouth. They are so easy and quick for a weekend treat or a picnic.
Here's how I do them

Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 160/gas5

1 whole jar of Nutella (400g)
1 small 3/4 cup of SR flour
1 medium egg (beaten)
1/2 small cup soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
(I added a chocolate button on top but nuts, marshmallows, sweets or anything else can be added at the end)

Method:
Combine Nutella, egg, sugar and salt and mix well.
Add the flour a little at a time until the mixture becomes dough like and hard to stir. Using a teaspoon, scoop out a little and form into balls in your hands.
Place onto grease proof paper on a baking sheet, then lightly press the balls down to slightly flatten with a flat glass. Add chocolate button at the end.
Bake for 6/8 minutes on 160/gas 5.

Remove grease proof paper and slide onto a large wire rack to cool and harden. Add the next batch!

Keeps well in an airtight container.


No comments: