Thursday, 17 November 2011

Queen of Craft

As part of the "Wolds Words" festival in the Lincolnshire Wolds, Louth town hosted a few exhibitions and events to promote new and old books. One of the events held at the Conoco Rooms above the Library was a "Crafternoon" hosted by non other than Jazz Domino Holly, Daughter of Jo Strummer, front man of London punk band The Clash. She was there to promote her new book Queen of Craft.....The Modern Girls' Guide to Knitting, Sewing, Quilting, Baking, Preserving and Kitchen Gardening.

Jazz had us stitching up simple patchwork pieces which I had never tried before and now I have a taste for it. Jazz is fresh and enthusiastic and very pretty indeed.
I did buy her book, but had to nip out to get cash to buy it, and by the time I got back to buy one they had all gone.....so I missed out on an autograph!...............Gutted or what! She will be returning though, so I will make sure I get a book signed next time. I do have her latest book and have enjoyed mulling over the projects and delights it has in store for me.










No comments: