Saturday, 21 August 2010

My Three Peaks Challenge Aug 2010

Last weekend I attempted the National Three Peaks Challenge with some fellow hikers from the local gym that I attend. It was an amazing experience and a challenge that I endured and completed. I captured some of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen and my realisation of just how beautiful this country is was confirmed. You need a good level of fitness and endurance both physically and mentally for this challenge.But if you can attain this, I would recommend this to anyone. I do have blisters and sore feet but they will heal. " Pain is temporal, quitting is forever" This is what I remembered on my descent on Ben Nevis in the darkness. Headlamp, walking poles, Kendal Mint Cake and high spirit kept me going.  My Husband and I would love to do more hiking together next year.


1 comment:

Bex said...

yay! I'm your first follower :) And again, well done on the 3 peaks!